Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [The Ethereal Wiki] Update of "Development/LibpcapFileFor

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 01:09:30 -0700
Ulf Lamping wrote:

Do you have a rough estimation about the above, or should we simply write something like: "used for several years know".

It dates back at least as far as 1998-07-25, as that's the time stamp on the libpcap-0.4.tar.Z file on the ftp.ee.lbl.gov Web site (i.e., it's probably no older than the release of libpcap 0.4). It might date back further.