Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [The Ethereal Wiki] Update of "Development/LibpcapFileFormat"

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:00:20 +0200
Ethereal Wiki - Do not reply wrote:

+ There are some variants of the format "in the wild", the following will only describe the commonly used format in its current version 2.4. XXX - this format version seems to be available for quite a while, could someone give a rough estimation how long?
Hi Guy!

Thanks for reviewing my text!

Do you have a rough estimation about the above, or should we simply write something like: "used for several years know". I just wanted to give a hint here, that this format didn't changed for quite a long time, so it's not expected to change except for the PCAPng format described "later".

Well, maybe then I should write exactly this :-)

Regards, ULFL