Ethereal-dev: Re: Patch in reassemble.c (was Re: [Ethereal-dev] Crash in ethereal 0.10.8, some

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:05:39 -0700
I've checked in a change to back out the change to not copy data if FD_NOT_MALLOCED is set, and to add some offset/length checks before the copy is done.

I'm not sure how the crash happened (as I don't have any captures that produce it); hopefully the checks will prevent the crash *AND* will, in the error messages they print in those cases, indicate what checks really need to be done.