Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Flow graph functionality

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:09:40 +0200
>>  in the case of a loopback packet it happens to be the same port too.
>
>  In this particular case, it uses ports 5060 and 5061. So the previous idea
> should work in this case.

ehmmm, I though port as the physical port to which you connect
stuff...  a mental fart.
 Sorry.

>  Ok, when ip and port is the same, we can use a DOT line.
>  Just for curiosity, are these two cases "normal"? for me looks it should
> only happen in a dev environment.

As far as calls go the only calls I'm aware of  that use signalling
and involve a single node happen in labs (BTW a protocol analyzer is
very useful in the lab too!). But in applications of Francisco's  Flow
Graph  dialog (that uses graph_analysis too) that can happen often.