Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Flow graph functionality

From: Alejandro Vaquero <alejandrovaquero@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:10:41 -0600

Guy Harris wrote:

Alejandro Vaquero wrote:

I'll fix this. But in this case the Graph will not show the flow because both IPs are the same, and the flow only displays one column per IP (not per port). Maybe an enhancement will be to use also the port when both IPs are the same?

If you're talking about transport-layer flows, the address and port on both sides should presumably always be used, as they identify a transport-layer endpoint. (For higher-level sessions, you might have more than one transport-layer flow, e.g. call setup and the call itself, or mount/NFS/lock manager traffic, or....)

For the "VoipCalls" I uses just the IP because, as you said, there are different transport-layer involved in a single call. For example and H323 call you have a UDP and TCP connection (sometimes two TCP if H245 is not tunneled) and multiple UDP connections for the RTP.