Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal User Guide build failure

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 22:23:05 +0200
Jaap Keuter wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>It seems that the User Guide has become inconsistent
>
>jaap@phoenix:~/src/ethereal/ethereal/docbook$ svn update
>At revision 14663.
>jaap@phoenix:~/src/ethereal/ethereal/docbook$ make clean
>rm -rf *.chm *.fo *.hhc *.hhp *.pdf *.validated edg_chm edg_html edg_html_chunked eug_chm eug_html eug_html_chunked htmlhelp.* svn_version.xml
>jaap@phoenix:~/src/ethereal/ethereal/docbook$ make
>echo -n '<!ENTITY SvnVersion "' > svn_version.xml
>svnversion -n .                   >> svn_version.xml
>echo '">'   >> svn_version.xml
>--- VALIDATING XML ---
>"xmllint" --valid --noout user-guide.xml
>user-guide.xml:296: element xref: validity error : IDREF attribute linkend references an unknown ID "ChIOFileSetListDialog"
>
>^
>user-guide.xml:296: element xref: validity error : IDREF attribute linkend references an unknown ID "ChIOExportCSVDialog"
>
>^

My fault!

I'm currently at the process of updating the User's Guide as it's a bit
outdated compared to the GUI.

I meant both as markers to sections I'm going to write in the near
future. As I don't do a "make clean" frequently, I just didn't noticed
this validating problem.

I'll check in a change ASAP.

Regards, ULFL