Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Ethereal-devIncorrect decoding of SNMP Integer

From: Wes Hardaker <wjhns36@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:17:00 -0700
>>>>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:08:13 -0700, Ruta Francesco-P29731 <Francesco.Ruta@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Ruta> I noticed that in my SNMP PDU there was an integer value
Ruta> (0201f6) that was printed as 246 instead of -10. If I'm not
Ruta> mistaken 246 would be converted in ASN.1 as 020200F6.

Yes, 0201f6 should be a negative number (0xfffffff6 specifically in
full int format).  246 would be exactly as you had said above.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.