Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Will the existing global filter files be overwritten by the unix

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:07:22 +0200
Hi List!

Some days ago, I've added example files for the capture/display/color
filters, so a new user can get a quick start with these settings.

These files will be installed by the win32 NSIS installer into the
Ethereal program directory, but only if the files are not already
existing (to prevent overwriting users previous changes).

I don't know, how the unix "installers" will do this, I've simply added
the last line to this in /Makefile.am line 76:

pkgdata_DATA = AUTHORS-SHORT manuf ethereal.html tethereal.html \
    ethereal-filter.html capinfos.html editcap.html \
    idl2eth.html mergecap.html text2pcap.html \
    cfilters colorfilters dfilters

Is this sufficient, or will it overwrite old user edited files while
installing a new version (which it shouldn't do)?

Regards, ULFL