Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] fail to register a new protocol

From: "David Francois" <davidfrancois19@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:29:12 -0400

David Francois wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The following is my packet-dspmsg.c. I created this file according
> to packet-frame.c. The code is not completed for dissector, but it
> should works for protocol registration.
> After creating packet-dspmsg.c and packet-dspmsg.h under
> \epan\dissectors folder,
> I added name of packet-dspmsg.c and packet-dspmsg.h in Makefile.common.
>
> After compilation,I can see proto_register_dspmsg(void) in
> register_all_protocols(void) in register.c (see register.c below)
> but when I debug proto_register_dspmsg() with Visual C++ compiler, the
> code never enter proto_register_dspmsg()?
>
> In register.c file, Visual C++ calls proto_register_dsi(), then skip
> proto_register_dspmsg (), then call proto_register_dtp ().
>
> Could you tell if I missed some steps and how to fix this problem?

The steps you've done sounds ok to me.

Sometimes MSVC simply needs a clean, try:

nmake -f Makefile.nmake clean

Can't promise that this helps, but there seems to be something wrong in
your build.

I used "nmake -f Makefile.nmake clean" command and "nmake -f Makefile.nmake all" command to build my application again. But I have the same problem. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks a lot for help.

David.

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound e-mail and attachments. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN� Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.