Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] can someone close bug 242

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:14:09 +1000
can someone close bug 242 with the following text :
(not a bug)

You are using a very very old version of ethereal.
"Fragment reassembly time exceeded" and "TTL equals 0 during reassembly"
meean exactly the same thing. I.e.  TTL reached zero during reassembly
as opposed to TTL reached zero during transit.
(TTL is decremented by one each second  as well as by each hop in transit).

Though the meaning of the text has not been change, the wording was
changed to be the wording used in the RFC about 19 months ago.

Ethereal has decoded the codes as
 static const gchar *ttl_str[] = {"Time to live exceeded in transit",
                                 "Fragment reassembly time exceeded"};
since
Modified Thu Nov 13 08:16:52 2003 UTC (19 months ago) by sahlberg

prior to that it was displayed as
static const gchar *ttl_str[] = {"TTL equals 0 during transit",
                                 "TTL equals 0 during reassembly"};

The meaning has not changed. The wording was merely changed to be
identical to the rfc.