Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Wiki: Drop 7 layer sorting from ProtocolReference page?

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 01:56:31 +0200
Hi List!

When starting the Wiki Protocol Reference http://wiki.ethereal.com/ProtocolReference I started to sort protocols by ISO/OSI Layer 7 model.

As sorting into the protocol family pages seems to be a far better idea, I would like to drop the 7 layer model sorting from that page.

Most of the protocols are already in the family pages so they can be simply removed. I might add a network hardware section (anyone with a better name?), where the current Layer 2 "hardware based protocols" will reside.

Any reasons against this?