Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Debian ethereal-dev package: missing libgtk2.0-dev dependency

From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:14:12 +0100
Hi Frederic!

You seem to maintain the Ethereal packages at debian.

As I don't know if you are on the Ethereal developer list, I'm CC'ing you.

I've recently installed debian on my laptop, it's missing all the development tools and libraries, so I have a "clean start". I've first installed the ethereal and then the ethereal-dev package.

Then I've recognized, that the dependency to libgtk2.0-dev is missing. That way, you can compile tethereal and the other tools, but not Ethereal itself.

It might also be a good idea to mention the following optional packages (maybe in the package description?):

libadns1-dev
libpcre3-dev
libsnmp5-dev

There seems to be other additional packages (kerberos, SSL crypto), but I don't know which libraries needed for these.