Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Allow packet-dcerpc-samr.c to indicate lockout times and

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:31:18 -0800
ronnie sahlberg wrote:

i am not sure that the nt 64 bit time functions can handle
FT_RELATIVE_TIME at all yet and that is likely the problem you see.

Yes, that's probably the problem.

We don't currently support an FT_ value that corresponds to a time that could be absolute or relative, so there's currently no way to implement that in dissect_nt_64bit_time() - we'd either need to implement a new FT_ type for times that could be absolute or relative, and have dissect_nt_t4bit_time() take hf_ values that refer to fields of that type, or we'd need to have dissect_nt_64bit_time() take *two* hf_ values as arguments, one referring to an FT_ABSOLUTE_TIME value and one referring to an FT_RELATIVE_TIME value, and use the absolute one for absolute times and the relative one for regular times.

I.e., the problem isn't a simple bug for which the fix is to replace incorrect code by correct code, it's a design limitation.