Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem with "next file every" checkbox

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:12:28 +0100
Thomas Boehne wrote:

>When I open the capture dialog and check "Use multiple files", I
>cannot uncheck the "next file every ... megabytes" checkbox. The
>problem occurs on Windows and Linux with the current SVN code.
>
>Can anyone confirm this or did I somehow screw up my build?

Yes, that's the currently intended behaviour since some releases.

One (or both) of "Next file every" options have to be checked, otherwise
using multiple files wouldn't make any sense.

Being able to disable the megabytes option would require a logic to
enable the minutes option at that point.

I was too lazy to implement that logic, so it's currently required to
leave it checked.

Regards, ULFL