Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] DNP Dissector Development

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:29:11 -0000

> My reading of the documentation as at version 0.10.10
> is that development of the DNP dissector is complete to
> the level of the DNP link/transport and application
> layer headers, however decoding of the application layer
> objects has not been included at this stage.
>
> Was there an intention by someone to extend the DNP
> dissector functionality to include the ability to decode
> at least the most common DNP application layer objects.

It's a work in (very) slow progress.  I have extended things a bit locally,
but haven't got around to decoding any application layer objects.

I can send you my work so far if you wish, but I'm a little cautious as the
last time I did that it got included in the next release.  I did take note
of Guy's (I think) comment that submissions of preliminary code to the list
should be clearly marked.

Graham