Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal debian/ directory

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:54:15 +0100
Frederic Peters wrote:

Patch to debian/ dir attached.
Checked in

BTW: ethereal_0.10.10-1.diff might not be the best patch name, as I know I'm working for Ethereal ;-)

BTW: is there any technical reason not to move the debian dir into the packaging dir, just where the similar rpm dir already is?

Debian build tools requires debian/ to be in the top-level directory;
moving it to packaging/ would be inconvenient.
Well, I guessed that's exactly the cause, but hope dies last :-)

Seems to be some room for improvement of the debian packaging tool...

Is it possible to provide some info about how to generate a .deb package, or just point to some info how to do it, presumably into the README.debian file?

Regards, ULFL