Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] GTK GUI patch to make save capture dialogs a preference setti

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:45:41 +0100
David Brower wrote:

In my usagem I never ever save a capture file, and I'm bothered
enough by Ethereal's questioning me I've done something about it.

The following patch adds a gui preferences item called
"Save Capture dialogs", whose "Nag" value may be
either "Safe" or "Silent".     The default behaviour is
"safe".
I don't want to have something like the term nag in the sources. It might nag you, but I'm using this feature to save my files.

Having "Save" or "Silent" isn't a good idea either. It's unsure what's meant be "Silent". Will it safe the file or not in this situation?

When set to "Silent", the questioning boxes never appear,
and you can X out the window and it goes away; similarly
you can start a new capture without a "save" nag.

I hope this is of use to someone.
Hmmm, I'm not sure if this should be a preference setting, as this would be a very unusal behaviour.

The specific dialog box should have a checkbox "Don't ask again" (or something like this), and should save this setting in the recent file, but not in the preferences.

I was thinking of this quite a while ago, and still don't have a good idea where to *enable* this function again if it once was disabled through this mechanism.

Regards, ULFL