Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Last SVN Code Source Compile error with win32

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:33:23 +0100
Olivier GRALL wrote:

Hello,

I've just tried to compile SVN Last source code under Windows XP. It doesn't work. It works for 0.10.9 release.

My error message:

Generating code...
Compiling...
ascend-grammar.c
bison.simple (35) : error C2371: '_alloca' : redefinition; different basic types
Generating code...
Compiling...
ascend-scanner.c
Generating code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Hi!

Both the buildbot builds and my personal WinXP build works fine.

I don't know of any changes in the ascend thing lately.

Are you aware, that the SVN and release builds slightly differ? You need additional tools (e.g. from cygwin) to build the SVN build. Have a look at the "Ethereal Developers Guide" for WinXP setup at http://wiki.ethereal.com/Development

BTW: Did you tried calling the cleanbld.bat first?

Regards, ULFL