Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] VoIP calls analysis and text2pcap

From: "Jacques, Olivier (OCBU-Test Infra)" <olivier.jacques@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:31:53 +0100
Hello all,

I'm using text2pcap to create a pcap compatible file from hexadecimal
traces (MTP2 traces, including ISUP and TCAP payload). By doing so, IP
and SCTP headers are "hardcoded" by text2pcap.

If I want to graph the calls with the great new "VoIP call analysis"
feature, the ladder is built using source and destination IP address. So
all arrows are going in the same direction.
If the call is an ISUP call, wouldn't it be better to use MTP3's
Destination Point Code?
More generally speaking, shall we identify the nodes in the graph with
what identify a node with respect to the protocol (Point Code + Network
Indicator for ISUP), or only with the IP address?

I attached such a tcpdump (ISUP) to this email.

Olivier.