Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Linux version of ethereal

From: "Vendra, Hari Prasad V V P Ch S (Hari Prasad)" <prasadvvv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:05:46 +0530

> I am trying to build ethereal-0.10.9 on Linux Fedora Core release 1
> (Yarrow) Kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl .

when i give   ./configure script for GTK+-2.4.0 loading i got the following
error.

checking for freetype-config... /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
configure: error: Xft version 2 is required for x11 target

I have downloaded xft-2.1.2 from
http://pdx.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/releases/

when i give   ./configure script for XFT-2.1.2 loading i got the following
error.
creating libtool
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for xrender >= 0.8.2... Package xrender was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xrender.pc'
No package 'xrender' found
checking for xrender >= 0... Package xrender was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xrender.pc'
No package 'xrender' found
checking for X... no
checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h usability... no
checking X11/extensions/Xrender.h presence... no
checking for X11/extensions/Xrender.h... no
configure: error: Xrender.h not found.
I have downloaded the xrender-0.8.3.tar.gz from the same site
http://pdx.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/releases/

when i give  ./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6 script for xrender-0.8.3
 the following error.

creating libtool
checking for X... no
configure: error: X is required, but it was either disabled or not found.

Could somebody hlep me where can i get X for linux ???

Thanks n Regards,
Hari