Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Where did "Expand Tree" go?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:02:40 +0100
julien.leproust@xxxxxxxx wrote:

When I doubleclick a subtree, that expands this subtree. The "Expand tree" expands the tree item and all its subtrees *recursively*. When analyzing h225/h245 that saves a lot of double clicks.

I've seen such very deep trees before, and I was asking myself if it's the protocol providing such a deep tree, or the dissector could display it better somehow.

And "Collapse tree" is not needed as one only has to click the little gtk arrow to collapse the whole subtree.

That's why I miss this menu item :) I think it's as useful as "Expand all" and "Collapse all".

Uppps!

I have a deja vu here. I've removed that feature quite a while before, and reminded by someone (can't remember which one) that there's a difference between doubleclick and this menu item. For the same reasons as you describe above, I've put the option back that time, and I'll do bring this item once again now. Feeling very sorry for this stupid mistake, annoying developers with my stupidness.

Might need some holiday, bringing my mind back to life...

This is simply caused, as I don't saw the reason for this as I'm using this rarely (the protocols I use don't use such deep trees :-), so doubleclick is usually enough.

As I don't seem to get the feature in it's completeness (am I the only one?), is there maybe a better *name* for it? Maybe something like: "Expand subtrees"??? Anyone with a better name for it?

Regards, ULFL