Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Getting signal from USB port

From: Brad Hards <bradh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 20:13:38 +1100
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:07 pm, Guy Harris wrote:
> I can't help you on the issue of how to get the Profibus signals over
> the USB bus to your PC; Ethereal doesn't have any code that does
> capturing directly, it relies on libpcap/WinPcap, and the OS/driver code
> libpcap/WinPcap uses, to do that.
It might be possible to use the new usbmon capability under Linux, which I
understand can provide at least some of the information that might be needed:
http://lwn.net/Articles/121556/

It isn't clear to me how this might work, or even how to use that API - I just
provide this as a possible avenue for investigation.

Brad