Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-cvs] rev 13332: /trunk/gtk/: main.c /trunk/: ca

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:36:53 +0100
Guy Harris wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

As I think it's a good idea to remove the set_main_window_name() calls in capture.c,

Why? The window title, when capturing, should reflect that it's capturing on a particular interface, so when a capture is started, it should reflect that - rather than, say, reflecting anything about the temporary file being used to capture.

Missunderstanding.

I meant it's a good idea to remove the *formattting* of the title and alike shouldn't be done there, only an event passed to main should be done and main should do that, like the way you've implemented it.

What I meant is that using cf_invoke isn't a good choice here (this function should be static in file.c IMHO), as only things in file.c should invoke it (as the name of the function suggests).

However, I'm going to change the do_capture function in the next days anyway.

Regards, ULFL