Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to apply a binary patch?

From: Lars Roland <lars.roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:16:11 +0100
Ulf Lamping schrieb:
steven igloo wrote:

Hi there,

Just download an Ethereal binary patch from
http://ethereal.gds.tuwien.ac.at/lists/ethereal-dev/200311/bin00924.bin.
Would you please tell me how to apply above patch?

My ethereal version is 0.10.8 running on Windows XP
Pro.
http://ethereal.gds.tuwien.ac.at/lists/ethereal-dev/200311/msg00627.html is the message containing this attachment. The original name "wap.diff.gz" was translated to "bin00924.bin" to have a unique name to save the attachement in the archive.

However, as message http://ethereal.gds.tuwien.ac.at/lists/ethereal-dev/200311/msg00635.html sais, the patch was checked in. So why do you want to apply this patch to ethereal 0.10.8? Is there something that was fixed by this patch, but is not fixed in 0.10.8 anymore?

Regards,
Lars