Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] How to apply a binary patch?

From: "Martin Regner" <martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:00:18 +0100
Ulf Lamping wrote:

> steven igloo wrote:
>
> >Hi there,
> >
> >Just download an Ethereal binary patch from
> >http://ethereal.gds.tuwien.ac.at/lists/ethereal-dev/200311/bin00924.bin.
> >Would you please tell me how to apply above patch?
> >
> >My ethereal version is 0.10.8 running on Windows XP
> >Pro.
> >

> Hmm, don't know of any binary patch, maybe this is zipped somehow?
>
> This seems to be from a mail from the Ethereal developer list. Could you
> send a URL of the original mail?

I renamed the file so that it ended with .gz and the when I opened I found a patch to packet-wbxml.c and so on.

It seems that the patch has already been added to the source code of Ethereal.
Probably a long time ago.
So if you are using a recent version of Ethereal you would probably not need to apply the patch.