Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Voip Calls analysis and Graph analysis

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:51:28 +1100
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:41:37 +0100, LEGO <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > ...and the call graph for a particular call, for which I just say "ASCII
> > art rules, OK!" :-)
> >
> >                 10.1.5.84               172.18.43.202
> >
> >                                 INVITE                          SIP From: sip:[email protected]:5000 To:slp:[email protected]
> >         1.647           |---------------------->|
> >                 (5000)                           (5000)
>
> The problem is...
>
> how do we select which call to graph?

Dont know.   thats an  implementation detail :-)

> or, what use for graph where every single packet that matches the
> display filter appears?

2 possible approaches as I see it,
a, either the user specifies the filter string and it is his
responsibility to craft such a filter so that it works   or its the
users own fault that the resulting graph might look "interesting" :-)
b, user doesnt specify a filter at all, then tethereal will generate
graphs for all calls and print them out one after the other.

an ASCII version would be very cool.