Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: [Ethereal-users] Latest Ethereal, WBXML decoding

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:13:39 +0200
Hi Micha,

Currently WBXML-over-TCP and WBXML-over-UDP are not implemented.

The WBXML dissector is only called from within a WSP-like or HTTP-like dissector. To be more precise, the WBXML dissector is typically called as a result from finding a Content-Type header with a registered WBXML media type. There's currently only one exception, namely the Profile-Diff WSP header value.

Best regards,

Olivier

----- Original Message ----- From: Micha Comnick

Hello,

We are trying to capture the communication between our Wireless Village
Mobilephone apllication (Messaging Client) and our Server.
For some reasons we route this traffic over a gateway, which has a 2.6er
Kernel running with a ISDN Card. Here we want to "trace" the WBXML data.

In the newest Version of ethereal WBXML Display Filter is implemented,
but our application sends the WBXML pakets within the Datafield of an
TCP paket. WBXML filter doesnt show anything. Is there a workaround ?

The goal should be seeing the decoded WBXML (so XML) data live scrolling
down or maybe copiing all WBXML data from Datafields into seperate
files, so that we can write a script for showing the content of the
decoded files.

Kind regards,

Micha Comnick

Comneon - Infineon