Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to link plugins with libethereal instead of old plugin

From: Lars Roland <lars.roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:22:57 +0200
Hello Guy,

Guy Harris wrote:
Lars Roland wrote:

attached diffs add an option to config.nmake to link plugins with libethereal. This makes the plugin address table obsolete.

Well, nobody had any comments, so I checked it in.

Thanks. I can cleanup my sandbox now.

At some point, should that option be made the default?
Definitely yes. The official plugins should use libethereal instead of the old plugin api. With this option active, we don't need the old plugin api anymore. However Ethereal is still compiled with the plugin api, so Ethereal won't crash, if it has to load a private plugin with the old api.

Before making it default, I'd like to test a few more things.

Regards,
Lars