Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] reassemble packets to identify a higher level protocol

From: Ariel Burbaickij <ariel.burbaickij@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:49:38 +0200
Hi Jaap,
could you explain to me the reasons
behind the approach of having the
options "Reassemble the H.225 or
H.245 over TCP" and option "Desegment
all TPKT packages spanning multiple
TCP segment"  for TPKT. I thought
till now (before looking at TPKT
options) that what the reasembling
option of h.225 and h.245 is exactly this-
they reassemble h.225/h.245 as payload
of TPKT. Now I see that TPKT also provides
desegment option. What is it for?  Will it suffice
to switch TPKT desegment option on without
switching h.225 and h.245? How do these
two options work togehter?

With Best Regards
Ariel Burbaickij