Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ANSI SCCP:

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:33:09 -0400

Jeff Morriss wrote:

shashidhar bhandare wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem in the SCCP for ANSI. if the National/International indicator is set to INTERNATIONAL ( = 1 ) in the address elements, the code uses the if section of ITU. I think it should be looking at ANSI section and ignore the National/International indicator to decode properly.

Pls comment.

According to T1.112.3 section 3.4.1, if bit 8 of the AI is set to 0 then the address is international and "both the address indicator and the address are coded according to international specifications."

If it is set to 1 "both the address indicator and the address are coded according to national specifications."

The SCCP dissector will decode the messages this way--though I have to admit I have never seen (intentional) messages on an ANSI network with the national bit set to 0 (international).

Of course, if you're really seeing the national indicator set to "international" in an ANSI network, there's no reason a preference couldn't be put into the SCCP dissector to make it ignore the national bit...