Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Problem linking plugin in Win32

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 18:58:55 +0200
Thomas Boehne wrote:

I am using proto_tree_add_float and tvb_get_letohieee_float in my
dissector. After a nmake -f Makefile.nmake xyzzy (who came up with
that name?)
Well, I've asked myself the same question before ...

the two functions do not show up in any of the Xplugin_*
or plugin_* files. Is that correct? They do show up in the xyzzy file,
though.
Did you tried to add them to the libethereal.def file?

----------8<----------Snipp----------------------------------------
link -dll /out:adwin.dll packet-adwin.obj ..\plugin_api.obj \
C:\ethereal-win32-libs\glib\lib\glib-2.0.lib                \
C:\ethereal-win32-libs\glib\lib\gmodule-2.0.lib             \
C:\ethereal-win32-libs\glib\lib\gobject-2.0.lib
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8168
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

  Creating library adwin.lib and object adwin.exp
packet-adwin.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol \
_proto_tree_add_float
packet-adwin.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol \
_tvb_get_letohieee_float
adwin.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Any hints?

Greetings,
Thomas B�hne

PS: Thanks to ULFL for the developer-guide, it helped a lot.
You're welcome :-) Did you had any problems (missunderstanding/missing things) with the first part of the book?

Regards, ULFL