Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] "Save As" problem, please test some more dialogs!

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 20:25:38 +0200
Jim Young wrote:

Hello,

ulf.lamping@xxxxxx 2004-09-15 12:46:24 >>>
Hi List!

To anyone reported problems with the "Save As" dialog.

It seems that my checkin fixed the problem.

Since I currently do not have a Windows platform to compile
on (although Ulf's recent developer's guide may soon change this),
Well, have a preview at: http://lamping.net/ethereal and let me know, if somethings hard to understand or if topics still missing...

...as I'm doing Ethereal development for some time now I might overview things. When you know how to do a thing, it's becoming easy to do and you don't think about it any longer :-)

would it possible to make a new Windows distribution of Ethereal incorporating Ulf's latest fixes (and I assume the latest (stable) GTK+ 2.x) available?

FWIW: I reported a somewhat similar and I suspect related GTK problem back on 2004/08/18:
Subject: Ethereal v0.10.6 WinXP - Gtk-ERROR **: File
gtkfilechooserdefault.c line 1558
I suppose this might be a problem fixed with the latest GTK versions (as there *are* reported fixes to this dialog in the win32 GTK release notes), and won't be related to the bug I've fixed (but who knows :-)

Regards, ULFL