Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Gtk-CRITICAL errors with dual display

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:51:37 +0200
Marco van den Bovenkamp wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

Sorry, but I can't see any of these disclaimers any more, they are really getting me angry.

If you would have send me this mail without such a garbage, I might had a look at your problem.

Although I fully agree with you, Ulf, that they are asinine, he probably has no control over them.

Well, that's the point. He *has* control over them in some way. If he get's enough trouble from this disclaimers, he might have a talk on his boss, and so on.

I know that the mail system at my previous employer added something similar to all outgoing mail, with no option to override it.

So go easy om him :-).

I don't think he's the person to work against. But making people feel uncomfortable with such garbage is the best way to change things so far.

BTW: such disclaimers are completely invalid in a lot of countries (including germany AFAIK), so what's the use of it at all?

Did you read between the lines? It is saying *a lot* about the way people think about the way they are doing things. If I'm sending you a mail and made a mistake selecting the correct address, I'll blame it on you and I will send all my lawyers on you if you didn't delete it!!! That's really an interesting point of view...

Ok, ok, sorry, I'm taking this too personally which I shouldn't do. It's just about how the world *should* be ...

Regards, ULFL

P.S: I'm working for a *big* german employee, so I know what you are talking about ...