Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Very first review of the developer's guide suitable?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 21:31:26 +0200
Hi List!

I'm putting the first part of the developer's guide into the first review.

The structure so far:

-Preface (well, some basics about the document)
-Part I: how to setup the Ethereal build environment (e.g. tools and libraries to use, how to get the sources and alike) -Part II (at the very beginning): how to develop in Ethereal (well, how to actually change the Ethereal source code)

As I'm doing development on win32, this doc is *very* win32 specific, unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to put more suitable info for any unix flavour :-(

Please don't throw a lot of unix specific things at me, you might have a look at the docbook sources to include the infos yourself (and provide me with patches). It's easy to do, and I can help you editing docbook/XML if you need some help here.

The state so far:

Preface and Part I is in a state ready for a first review. I need some feedback if it's going in the right direction and what things are missing.

Part II is in a very, very, early state, and should only be seen as an anchor for links from Part I so far. Please don't put comments on this part.

You will find the developer-guide.pdf  at http://lamping.net/ethereal

If you want to generate the user's and developer's guide on your own, have a look at docbook/README.txt for further details.

Regards, ULFL