Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Gtk-CRITICAL errors with dual display

From: Lars Roland <Lars.Roland@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:05:06 +0200
Maynard, Chris schrieb:
An upgrade to the latest version of gtk+-2.4.7 available at:
http://www.ethereal.com/distribution/win32/development/gtk2.4/
seems to have remedied the problem.  Previously, I was running
with gtk+-2.4.4.  Thanks for the help Anders; it's hard to keep
up!

And now checking http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html, I find 2.4.9 is already out. An interesting thing about the file,
gtk+-2.4.9-20040909.zip posted there is that the description says,
"Requires glib, atk, pango, zlib, libpng, libjpeg and libtiff."
The glib, atk, pango and zlib packages are available on the ethereal
download page already, but should the other 3 packages now be made
available from ethereal's download area as well?

I guess gtk, atk and pango don't need libpng, libjpeg and libtiff as they can be loaded without them. libpng, libjpeg and libtiff are probably optional and/or just required by Gimp.

Regards,
Lars