Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] A few Win32 compile issues

From: "David Richards" <d_m_richards@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:06:34 -0500

> Just of interest, which version of the winpcap developer pack are you
> using? And could you add the compiler output when it's going wrong?

I am using the latest 3.0 developer pack.  The Readme.txt file has the same
info as the one at the WinPcap site.  Here are the first two lines:

* WinPcap Developer's pack    *
* Release 3.0 - August 2002   *

Here's the error I get during wiretap compilation if I do not add '/DWIN32'
to LOCAL_CFLAGS (excerpted from output generated by "nmake -f
makefile.nmake" in root ethereal directory):

 cd wiretap
 nmake /                   -f Makefile.nmake
libpcap.c
D:\DevProjects\Ethereal\libs\wpdpack\Include\PCAP.H(44) : fatal error C1083:
Cannot open include file: 'sys/time.h': No such file or directory
netmon.c