Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] A few Win32 compile issues

From: "David Richards" <d_m_richards@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 16:51:17 -0500
I got code today (first time with Subversion) and ran into a few easy-to-fix problems.  Could someone take a look and see if these are just issues with my environment or do they need to be fixed?

1. libethereal.def in epan directory lists a few symbols that are not included in the ibethereal build.  They are all from util.c which is not included in the libethereal build.  I attached a diff file.

2. I added /DWIN32 to LOCAL_LCFLAGS in config.nmake to prevent PCAP.H from trying to #include <sys/time>.

3. Line 3818 of proto.c complains about a bad escape sequence - there's a format line with '...\t\%s...'.  I attached the snippet from that file as well.

In earlier parts of the build, there were a few other warnings that looked like either typos or things that could be easily fixed, I didn't think to document them before trying to fix the errors.

Dave R.

			else if (format == 2) {
Line 3818:				printf("F\t%s\t%s\t%s\t%s\t%s\t\%s\t%s\n",      <--- \t\%s  warning about \% is bad escape sequence
					hfinfo->name, hfinfo->abbrev,
					enum_name,parent_hfinfo->abbrev, hfinfo->blurb,
					base_name, hfinfo->blurb);
			}