Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Staying synchronized

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:14:15 +0200
Helge Kruse wrote:

I have downloaded at 1st of august the ethereal trunk to develop a
dissector. After getting all the tools (cygwin) I wanted to start
compilation. Even the first step fails six weeks after download.

The reason is, that the glib version has changed to 2.4.5. So my downloaded
trunk is out of sync. Do I have to download the complete trunk again, each
time a file versio at the etherreal server changes? How can I resynchronize
in this stage without downloading 33 MBytes again?
Bringing the your complete trunk up to date:

Update your Ethereal sources to the latest SVN files, so the setup target of Makefile.nmake is in sync with the zip files on the server.

Remove all files in your ETHEREAL_LIBS library path (e.g. c:\ethereal_libs), except for the toplevel zip files which are the files downloaded the last time(s).

Start the setup target. wget will download only the missing files, existing zip files in the ETHEREAL_LIBS dir won't be downloaded again. Outdated zip files shouldn't do any harm.

One remark: the files on the server and in the setup target will match only for the latest sources. Old zip files will be moved into the old folder on the server.

Hope this helps,

Regards, ULFL