Ethereal-dev: Re: FW: [Ethereal-dev] Any chance to get something like "decode as" for DCE-RPC

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:46:41 +0200
Guy Harris wrote:

Ulf Lamping wrote:

I got the "Decode As" dialog running for the first time (showing up the DCE-RPC page with the interface names), with a lot of things need to think about (still commented out, see gtk/decode_as_dlg.c line 1720 to 1726).

Note that there doesn't, as far as I know, need to be any support for connectionless DCE RPC for this - connectionless calls have the UUIDs for the object and interface.

I've checked it against some DCE-RPC over UDP packets, and your correct. Every request or response packet contains enough information to find the correct interface.

So no need to do anything more, declaring this work as finished for now :-)))

Regards, ULFL