Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] RE: [Ethereal-cvs] Rev 11936: /trunk/doc/: README.developer

From: "Peter Kjellerstedt" <peter.kjellerstedt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 08:11:40 +0200

I have no idea how GTK+ work, and what actual changes they
have made, but would it not be better to switch to using the
new names rather than stay with the old ones?  Otherwise,
what happens when they eventually decide to remove them in
GTK3 or so?

If it is as easy as them simply having renamed a number of
functions, this should easily be handled by a compatibility
layer (aka a bunch of defines) for those still using GTK 1.x.

//Peter