Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] "Save As" crash situation

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:16:21 +0200
Hi List!

Unfortunately, it's reported by some persons, that they have problems with the Save/Save As functionality after upgrading to 0.10.5 or higher.

Ethereal crashes when the Save dialog is closed.

Some general info:

The Save and Save As dialog are identical. If there's a problem in one of them, it's in both.

The implementation for GTK1.x, GTK 2.0, GTK 2.2 (FileSelection) differs a lot from the GTK2.4 (FileChooser) implementation. So please anytime you report a problem regarding GTK, please give the *complete* GTK version you are using. You will find it in the About dialog.

I cannot reproduce this problem on my win32 machine, not with GTK1.3 nor with GTK2.4.

The problem seems to be in the windows_destroy() function of file_dlg.c (as reported by packet steve).

It would be a very helpful if someone where the crash appear could use a debugger (like ddd) and step through the file_dlg.c code to find out what is happening and at which point (again, giving all available info is always a good thing here).

In the evening I will have a try on my SuSE box, if the problem appears on that machine too.

Regards, ULFL