Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] "Decode As..." enumerates protocols in unsorted manner

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:54:42 +0200
Olivier Biot wrote:

Hi list,

I just recompiled Ethereal from scratch, and was playing with a sample
capture I have, where I need to perform some "Decode as" operations. I
was surprised when I first didn't find HTTP in the list anymore, then
I remembered that plugin dissectors appeared at the very end of that
list and then I exhaustively searched for HTTP in the list of possible
protocols, where I eventually found it between COPS and DHCPFO.

Is this behavior intentional, and when was it introduced?
This was caused, at the time you changed from GTK1 to 2. There are different list implementations used.

Hmmm, intentional might be something different...

After finding out, how to sort a list in GTK2, I've recently checked in a change to fix it.

Regards, ULFL