Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] ./configure error

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:43 -0700 (PDT)
A_K_S_H_A_T said:
> When i typed
> #./configure
>
> it gives me error message
>
> /bin/sh: ./best.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

There's nothing in Ethereal that refers to "best.sh", so that's probably
something that's referred to by your .bashrc or, if the environment
variable BASH_ENV is set, the file to which that environment variable
refers.

What happens if you try to run the file I've attached to this message?
(Save the attachment, do a "chmod a+x" on the saved file to give it
execute permission, and then run it.)  If it also prints that "bad
interpreter" message, the problem isn't an Ethereal problem - you'll have
to debug your environment yourself.