Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Combine "Decode As" and "User Specified Decodes" dialogs into one

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:11:45 +0200
Hi List!

While working on the DCE-RPC interface bindings in the Decode As dialog, I was asking myself why there are two dialogs boxes which makes the handling worse.

The "Decode As" dialog is used to manipulate things related to the currently selected packet.

The "User Specified Decodes" will just show the things manipulated with "Decode As".

This is odd IMHO.

Why not combine both dialogs into one, making the "Decode As" part insensitive, if currently no packet is selected.

Any reasons not to do so?

Regards, ULFL