Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] No packets captured on IBM T40

From: "Chris Davies" <cdavies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:16:22 +0100
Title: No packets captured on IBM T40

Hi,
I use an IBM T40 laptop with a Cisco 352 imbedded miniPCI 802.11b wireless card.
I have the WinPCAP installed and ticked on the interface. However When I try and capture the interface is listed but does not capture packets. Versions listed below.

Etherreal 0.10.6 - Tried
Etherreal 0.10.5 - Tried
WinPCAP 3.0 & 3.1beta3

Most recent cisco drivers installed onto the laptop.
Normal wireless network access works fine.
Interestingly miniProbe5 from 'http://www.objectplanet.com' doesn’t even see the interface with its own packet capture driver loaded.

Still no packet capture. winPcap is installed and can be seen ticked on the interface. Uninstalled ALL rebooted, installed wincap3.1beta3, then etherreal 0.10.6. No joy.

If this is something your working on I am happy to test alpha/beta software to assist.

Thanks
Chris