Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal code

From: "Mark C. Brown" <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:49:19 -0400
On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 07:57, Raghavendra Pai (ragpai) wrote:
> Hi All,
> I downloaded ethereal-0.10.6 source code from www.ethereal.com
> I am trying to build the source code on SOLARIS following steps of user
> guide(section 2.4).
> I run  ./configure command.
>
> The output is giving error like:
> checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... no
> checking for nawk... nawk
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.

Do you have a C compiler installed and is it in your PATH?

I'm just a Solaris hack, but a Google search turned up this:

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/c_compiler_cannot_create_executables.html

The few times I have needed to compile on Solaris, I always installed
gcc 'cause the price was right <grin>

--
"If a train station is where a train stops, | Mark C. Brown
 then what's a workstation?" -- D. Huber    | mbrown@xxxxxxxxxx