Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Having a hard time updating renamed Ethereal.desktop to ether

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 14:22:42 +0200
Hi list,
I even had to get rid of all references to all files matching the *NIX
shell pattern '?thereal.?esktop*' from CygWin. The steps CygWin SVN
users need to undertake are:

1. Get rid of all files that match '?thereal.?esktop*':
   $ find . -name '?thereal.?esktop*' -exec rm -f "{}" ';'

2. Edit the .svn/entries file and get rid of the entry for
   Ethereal.desktop entirely. Search for "esktop" in that file,
   and get rid of the entire corresponding <entry> tag.

3. Run svn update:
   $ svn up

I provided some remarks in-line.