Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] question about the promisc mode in the ethereal, is it a bug?

From: "Li Haijiang" <lhjiang@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 10:23:24 +0800
Now I found the mode of network card become promisc after I start to capture in
the ethereal,and the mode is still promisc after finishing the capture.So I think
it is the reason that lead to my pc server down in the giga ethernet.So I think it
should be set the mode unpromisc that can reduce more  usage of the memeory of the
server.Is it so? Can you give some suggestion?
Thanks a lot.

Lihaijiang