Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] TCAP: how to register for arbitrary list of SSNs?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:57:50 -0400

Hi list,

The fact that the TCAP dissector only registers for SSNs 5-12 has bothered me for some time though I have never really thought of the best way to fix it.

Ideally, it should be possible for the TCAP dissector to register for any SCCP/SUA SSN (2-254) though I can't think of a good way to do that (253 radio buttons doesn't seem reasonable to me;)).

Another possibility I've thought about has been to have the TCAP dissector have a few SSN preferences (e.g., it would still register for SSNs 5-12 but also for "tcap.ssn1" through "tcap.ssn?") but then I never know how many would be sufficient.

Is there another, better way?

Regards,
-Jeff