Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] a new dissector for a proprietary packet format

From: SEKINE Hideki <sekineh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:37:21 +0900
Thanks a lot for committing.

Joerg Mayer wrote:

checked in, with some HFILL added to avoid compile warnings. Thanks to
the sample capture I noticed that the test frames are not yet dissected
when tranported in IPv6.

Actually, AX/4000 Test Block over IPv6 is successfully decoded. The sample capture file contains packets with various L2 encapsulation methods. It seems to me that Ethereal does not dissect the "MPLS multicast label switched packet" which has llc.type == 0x8848.

Regards,

SEKINE Hideki <sekineh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>